This “hot” oil is powerful and requires a 1:4 dilution; so powerful, that it was mentioned in the Bible as an ingredient of Moses’ Holy Anointing Oil. The scent, unsurprisingly, provides energy, and also relieves anxiety and even depression. With strong immune-supportive properties, the oil boasts antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptic, anti- inflammatory, and expectorant activity. Let’s take a look at some of the oil’s properties.
Cinnamon bark also offers antiviral properties that will fortify the immune system, strengthening your body’s natural defenses against colds, mumps, measles, and any other virus-producing foreign invaders that are itching to wreak havoc on your health. Antivirals often do this by boosting white blood cell count – those immune system cells that are there to protect.
Antibacterial products protect against infections and diseases caused by – you guessed it – bacteria. This includes bacteria that invade the digestive, urinary, and respiratory tract, as well as oral bacteria that can damage dental health. Cinnamon bark’s antibacterial activity does not impact the natural flora in the intestines and stomach, but only combats the damaging bacteria that may have invaded.
Antiseptics reduce the risk of infection when someone has open wounds, cuts, scrapes, or other injuries. Cinnamon bark essential oil possesses antiseptic properties and so can support proper healing, without worry of infection.
Most bodily pain issues are caused by inflammation of some sort, either internal or external. Essential oils often provide the body with anti-inflammatory activity. Cinnamon bark is one of these oils. This oil comes in handy especially for inflammation of the respiratory tract and sore muscles and joints. Whether topical, aromatic, or internal, redness and irritation can be supported through any applicable essential oil applications.
Cinnamon bark is an exceptional expectorant – a substance which combats the mucus and phlegm buildup that comes along with respiratory, sinus, or throat infections. The oil will provide relieve to issues of coughing or inflamed lungs or throat, either aromatically or through a properly diluted topical application.
- Put one-two drops in empty veggie capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.*
- Place one drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your irritated throat. I love one drop in my coffee! *
- Put two to three drops in a spray bottle for a quick and effective cleaning spray. Works well with Wild Orange essential oil too!
- During your nightly routine, add one drop to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints during winter time.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Get Essential Oils HERE:
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* Cautions - Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.